- Our Team
- Centers & INITIATIVES
- KNOWLEDGE CENTER
- MEDIA CENTER
- Member Login
- Contact Us
SDG Ambition is an accelerator initiative that aims to challenge and support participating companies of the UN Global Compact in setting ambitious corporate targets and accelerating integration of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into core business management. SDG Ambition enables companies to move beyond incremental progress and step-up transformative change – unlocking business value, building business resilience, and enabling long-term growth.
The need for SDG Ambition today is clear. The world is not delivering progress towards the SDGs at the pace and scale needed. While it is still possible to shift the world towards a 1.5°C trajectory and achieve the SDGs by 2030, it will take urgent, scalable and multi-stakeholder action to dramatically accelerate progress. Companies must take a clear stand and demonstrate bold leadership to transform business models and economies so they become more just and inclusive – leaving no one behind. This is our starting line as we launch SDG Ambition.
Led by the UN Global Compact in partnership with SAP and Accenture, SDG Ambition will empower and equip participating companies of the UN Global Compact to develop and implement innovative business strategies that significantly increase their positive impact on the SDGs. Through the Global Compact Local Networks in 60+ countries, participating companies will assess current performance, identify risk areas, discover new opportunities across business units and functions and take ambitious business action towards achieving the SDGs.
UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT ACADEMY
Objective of the Project
SDG Ambition is a six-month accelerator programme that will challenge and support participating companies of the UN Global Compact in setting ambitious corporate targets and accelerating the integration of the SDGs into core business management.
The objective of the programme will enable the company to:
- An understanding of baseline impacts across the business in creating a comprehensive sustainability strategy.
- The ability to achieve ambitious goals aimed at galvanizing business action with what is actually required to achieve the SDGs.
- An overview of how to integrate and mainstream ambitious sustainability goals across business units by pioneering a performance integration approach that utilizes enabling technologies.
- An opportunity to communicate and track progress over time aligned with the Communication on Progress.
Timeline: Jan-June 2021 (6 months)
Partnering Agency: Accenture, SAP and 3M
Local Network Facilitators – Accenture
- How to strategically prioritize actions that will accelerate your company’s contribution to the 2030 Agenda.
- How to set targets aligned with absolute benchmarks that today may seem aspirational but are critical to spearhead the transformation of economies and societies.
- How to hardwire SDG-related business goals and outcomes into core processes and management of business, to materially accelerate progress toward the SDGs.
Activities till now
- (On Demand Session) Introduction to SDG Ambition and the Accelerator - South Asia Track (45 Min)
- (On Demand Session) How to Understand and Take Action on the Global Goals (45 min)
- Facilitated Workshop: Meet Your Pod - South Asia Track (1 Hrs)
- (On Demand Session) Welcome to SDG Ambition - South Asia Track (1 Hrs)
- (On Demand Session) Understanding Ambitious Goal-Setting - South Asia Track (45min)
- (On Demand Session) Principled Prioritization - South Asia Track (45 min)
- Facilitated Workshop - Aligning with SDG Ambition Benchmarks - South Asia Track ( 3 Hrs)
- Facilitated Workshop - Module 1 Reflection - South Asia Track (1 Hrs)
- (On Demand Session) How to Set Goals Aligned with the SDG Ambition Benchmarks - South Asia Track (45 min)
- Industry Perspectives on SDG Ambition - South Asia Track (45 min)
- SDG Ambition Vision for 2030 Workshop - South Asia Track (3 Hrs )
- Building the Business Case for SDG Ambition - South Asia Track (45 min)
- SDG Ambition Approach Workshop: Pathways, Actions, & Subgoals - South Asia Track (3 Hrs)
Read More at SDG Ambition